Friday, September 29, 2006

President Musharraf in Oxford

Today I went to my first event at the famous debating club "the Oxford Union".

After meeting with President Bush of the USA and Prime Minister Blair of Great Britain, President Musharraf of Pakistan ended his journey in Oxford speaking to students.
Isn't this amazing?! This guy comes to Oxford to speak to students after just having met with two of the most powerful men in the world. Seems like Oxford's reputation works well.

The speech was on how Pakistan plans to tackle the challenges it faces in the 21st century. Except for the fact that Musharraf's english wasn't really good, it was interesting to listen to what he had to say.
Afterwards, we had the opportunity to adress questions to President Musharraf. To be honest, some of the questions that were asked were actually pretty random and stupid.
Nevertheless, I guess there are only a hand full of places in the world, in which the president of a country faces up to students' questions.

And just to give you (the readers of my blog) an idea of the quality of speakers: Bill Clinton was here to talk to students two days ago, Steve Wozniak (co-founder of Apple Computers) is coming to speak to my MBA class on October 23rd, Kevin Sharer (CEO of Amgen, the world's largest pharma company) will talk to my MBA class on Monday next week, etc.

Amazing, isn't it?!

Tonight I have a get together with graduate students from my college. So, let's see if my college is as diverse as my MBA class. I'm really excited to meet people from other fields of study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home