Friday, June 08, 2007

Random Stuff

Just some random things to keep me from studying:

-Movies
Apparently Oxford is a famous site for shooting movies. Every once in a while whole streets are blocked, because some film crew decided that part of their movie takes place in Oxford. To us students this is really annoying, since this means sometimes we can't take the shortest way to school and thus loose time...

-Tourists
Also quite annoying...every weekend they swamp the city, causing huge queues in the sandwich shops! Sometimes I feel like an animal in a Zoo...they constantly point at us (especially when we have to wear our gown and bow tie for some reason) and take pictures of us - makes you almost feel like a celebrity

-Death
A couple of weeks back a student from St Johns College got hit by a garbage truck in front of my college. He died right there on the street. Not a nice way to die, especially when it's your last year in college.

-Assignments
Last year's class told us that the last term would be the easiest one...with lots of hanging out in the pubs. Apparently their MBA was either different or they managed their time a lot better than we do. Everybody is going nuts with assignments! Apresentation here, 4 essays there, a couple of case studies and some spreadsheet assignments. It seems like EVERYONE is in the library...this place is crowded!

-almost over
WOW! I can't believe it! Only one week of lectures to go...
I just can't believe that this is it...
I spent the better part of the last 9 months with my MBA friends and now this part of my life is almost over. Everyone will leave Oxford in a couple of weeks and go to work somewhere on this planet (UK, USA, Spain, Russia, China, India, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Kenya, Korea, Brasil, etc.).
I will miss this place and my 200 friends, but I will still have all the memories that I will never forget.
The good thing is though that a lot of us will be in London after their MBA. So we will still be able to hang out together.



I better get back to my assignments...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home